Is your business growing at a pace that’s becoming hard to manage?
Then come along to the launch of this exciting new business support programme next week and find out what funded support your business could be getting.
When? Thursday 21st September – 8am to 11am
Where? Room N48, Newton Building, 50 Shakespeare Street, Nottingham, NG14FQ
The launch of the new funded growth programme
Next week sees the launch of the programme I mentioned a few weeks ago – run by the D2N2 Growth Hub to provide specific, tailored and intense High Growth Business Support across the D2N2 region, focussed on businesses that:
- Are scale up
- Have the potential to scale up
- Or are ambitious to grow and scale.
The programme is heavily subsidised so this is a brilliant way to access top level coaching and training at a vastly reduced investment.
The challenges with growth Scaling a company is difficult – no doubt about it. Growth is much faster than most companies, often changing beyond all recognition, with fast changing needs for management, skills, organisational structure and finance. The growing pains due to these demands stretch resources and capabilities and can often derail companies from their growth plans. This programme provides an ecosystem of support to ambitious scale up companies – covering the specific issues those companies are and will be facing:
- Recruiting people with the skills and ambition they need
- Developing business leaders to have the ability to manage rapid growth
- Managing the finances and knowing how to find capital for growth
Along with CMBD and PCA, we’re very proud to be part of the consortium delivering this programme with D2N2.
Where does the D2N2 area cover? A surprisingly large area, so have a look to see if your business is in.
The programme will be working with 3 categories of high growth businesses:
- Scale Up – A business with average annual growth in employees or turnover of more than 20% over a 3 year period, with more than 10 employees at the start of those 3 years and annual turnover of between £1 and £15 million.
- Potential Scale Up – A business with average growth in employees or turnover more than 10% per year over a 3 year period or more than 20% for 2 years and with more than 10 employees at the start of those 3 years, and a turnover between £1 and £15 million
- Ambitious Businesses. Those with evidence of their scalability, marketability and financial stability, with a growth trajectory towards scale up – eg growth at 20% a year but less than 10 employees or less than £1million turnover
Only 20 businesses in each category will be invited to take part in this prestigious and exclusive programme to help them address their key barriers to growth. And there are different packages of support available to each group.
What do you get? A combination of professional business coaching in the areas of leadership and management, routes to market for growth, and investment readiness, and accredited business training on the specific areas needed for high growth businesses.
Come along to the launch next week You can find out more about the programme here and book your place for the launch event to find out more and meet the people behind the programme (I’ll be there!)
Since we lost the Growth Accelerator programme there hasn’t been any business support in our area and so this really is a tremendous opportunity for you to get very specific help for you business. Hope to see you there!